800-627-8265

History Timeline

Founded Hamilton Welding & Manufacturing Co. Hamilton Welding & Manufacturing Company was founded by Robert H. Kemp in Hamilton, Ohio.

1916
1917

During WWI Hamilton Welding, now led by Robert’s son C. Eugene Kemp, was awarded a contract to produce skid tanks to assist the war effort.

Hamilton Welding received its UL permit and began manufacturing 275-gallon home heating oil tanks, which are still manufactured today!

1948
1955

Hamilton Welding opened its doors to a second tank manufacturing facility located in Columbus, Ohio.

Eugene’s son Thomas Kemp joined Hamilton Welding after graduating from The Ohio State University. Thomas would eventually become president and 50% shareholder in the business.

1958
1983

Operations consolidated to conduct business exclusively from the Columbus, Ohio facility - located at 2200 Refugee Road.

Founded Hamilton Tanks, LLC
After the death of Thomas Kemp in 2004, Hamilton Welding was sold to brothers R. Jeffrey and Stephen G. Meeker, and Hamilton Tanks, LLC was formed.

2006
TODAY

Hamilton Tanks celebrates over 50 years as a licensed member of the Steel Tank Institute. Hamilton Tanks continues to manufacture carbon and stainless steel storage tanks for commercial and industrial users serving the petroleum, chemical, asphalt, oil-field, and other industries.